Monday, October 4, 2010

Well, I'm back.

Until I just logged in here tonight I didn't realize how long it had been since my last post!  I doubt any of you were sitting at the edge of your seats just waiting for a post, but I am going to apologize for my lack of commitment anyways.  The past month has been quite a ride. When I left you last I had started the South Beach Diet, and it was going well.  It continued to go well until having to go down to my boyfriend's home town to help with his dads injury.  The first week went fine, and the second...well that's a whole other story!  It all adds up to a very stressful day and not enough will power to jump back on the wagon after the "bad meal."  The odd thing is, I got really sick after eating that meal and yet I kept eating junk.  Big shock, I continued to get sick, but did that stop me? Not at all.  After the 2 weeks in Southern Illinois, I headed up to the Twin Cities (MN.)  I told myself I would get back on track and yada yada yada.  Of course, I didn't.  I continued to make one bad choice after another, and got to the point where I didn't even care anymore...mind you, I was still getting sick every time!  Going to chalk that up to a HARD HEAD!!  Anyways, long story short my first "get-a-way" from home did not go well at all.  So as of today the diet has restarted.  The "diet" isn't that hard for me as long as I keep things simple and not stress out about menus and getting that odd item required.  Grocery shopping is something I do not like to do, so the less complicated the better.  So today has gone well, just have to find something other than eggs for breakfast that is still on plan.  During the first run of this diet it was eggs, eggs, and more eggs.  I might turn into a egg if I have another! Thursday we will be traveling back down to check on his dad in So. IL so I (we) will be tested yet again.  Honestly, I think it will just be a lot of chicken!  But if that's what it takes!  I don't think I can face another failure of that magnitude in this journey for awhile!  Anyways I would love to hear from you all!


One of my favorite quotes right now:

Know your limitations, then IGNORE them.

No comments:

Post a Comment