Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Learning To Live

Learning To Live by Beth Hart is the theme song for Losing It with Jillian Micheals.  I had never heard this song before I heard it on the show.  So I decided to actually pull it up and listen to the lyrics.  This song is able to apply to any life, no matter what is going on.  I watched the latest episode tonight, and it hit close to home for me.  The family featured had a 14 year old son that weighed 330lbs, wow.  It broke my heart, and then I heard how he was feeling about school and family, and my heart broke even more.  People can be mean, kids can be mean, family can be mean.  At one point his older brother was bragging that he was doing twice the work that his younger brother was doing. REALLY?!?!  Thankfully Jillian worked her magic and got to the bottom of a lot of the family issues and by the end of the show the boy was in a much better place.  I don't think that we all need for Jillian to come and beat us up.  I do think that we all need some one to call us out. Call us out on our excuses, weaknesses, or any wall we have put up.  Most people are afraid of failure, me included.  The way I have been looking at it now is, if you haven't failed, you haven't lived. The only time you have truly failed is when you stop trying.  Take a listen to this song, hope you enjoy it!

2 comments:

  1. Julie I just read all this and am so with you!!!! I know all things are possible but often we have to be willing to be exposed to move forward. Keep focused on not just weight loss but who you really are, which is a wonderful loving person. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with ya Julie! I always feel like it's just to hard and I will most likely fail anyways...so why try? But like you said, if we don't try then we really are failing. I'd love to hear more about your meal plans too! Love you!

    ReplyDelete