Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A Whole Lot of Everything

First off, I tried Popchips!! They were great!  Go get some. :)  Last night was a night of trying to setup a food plan for myself.  My plan is to have a pretty similar food plan every week just to keep it simple.  Once I feel myself getting bored I will switch it up a bit.  I use SparkPeople quite a bit for recipes.  This site is out to help people with their fitness goals.  The membership is completely free, all you have to do is sign up.  They have plenty of tools such as a food journal/planner, fitness trainer, and tons of other things!  As I was going through recipes I thought I would share some of the ones I am anxious to try:

Parmesan Baked Tilapia
Turkey, Broccoli & Tomato Soup
Crock Pot Taco Soup
BBQ Chicken Grilled Cheese
Mexican Casserole
Chicken & Grape Salad
Chicken & Fruit Salad
Cheese Pita Pizza
Chicken Pita Paradise

Try a recipe and let me know what you think! Better yet, if you have any recipes you enjoy, please share!  I should say that you have to make sure that the recipes you are choosing are actually healthy for you.  Not all the recipes on Spark are completely healthy I have noticed. Nonetheless it is a great resource! The food plan isn't completely done yet, mainly because I want to make sure it is something I will actually do.  Although did some grocery shopping for the recipes above.

Been walking the last two days with Kevin and Annie, and got a nice sunburn along with it!  Really enjoyed spending the time with both of them, and getting outdoors.  It's amazing how a simple walk can give someone a pick me up.  I do have a gym membership but I really like doing things outside when possible.  Although I will be walking outside and hitting the gym almost everyday.


















 My last post I told you I was going to let you know what my goal was other than weight loss.  My goal is to participate in a 5K, well to run in one.  I am not really sure what a logical goal for that is, so right now I am just going to say by next spring.  I am not sure that I would be ready by the end of summer or fall.  So I will use this time to see what ones will be happening, and to convince Kevin and others that they should join me.  :)  Hey, the more the merrier right? So let me know if you want to join!  I am really pretty excited about it, and the chance to really prove something to myself.  On the other hand I would like to give myself a short term goal of losing 10lbs by my birthday on July 31st.  I figure what better than weight loss as a birthday present to myself!

I thought I would mention something that happened today when going to the grocery store.  Kevin and I went into the store with list in hand, and managed to get through the whole thing with little hassle.  I must mention that WalMart has a strange way of organizing items.  Not my favorite place to shop, but it is what we have.  As were walking out Kevin says "we didn't get anything frozen."  This was true.  I have always been told to stay on the perimeter of the grocery store and avoid the middle aisles, since they are mainly the unhealthy very processed foods.  Walmart isn't really set up this way, but you could definitely tell the aisles that were a no no!  There are some frozen vegetables in the freezer aisles but that's pretty much the only thing you would need in the area. Just remember that fresh is usually always better than frozen!  When freezing they tend to inject plenty of sodium and other misc ingredients to it...so just freeze it on your own.

So to sum it all up: try some popchips, make your food plan, have a goal, go grocery shopping, and stay active :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that we didn't buy a lot of frozen food either! I can't wait to work up to the 5K as well!

    ReplyDelete