Thursday, July 8, 2010

"Believe It, Be It" By Ali Vincent

I just finished reading the book "Believe It, Be It" by Ali Vincent, for the second time.  She is a crowned Biggest Loser.  Usually I can't read books over a second time but this one I could, and I found stuff that I had missed the first time.  The book is all about believing in yourself, and how she got herself there.  She started out not caring, and being pretty fearful of actually doing something about.  Her sister would often try and get her to watch the Biggest Loser, but she refused since she thought it was making fun of people.  She finally gave in and watched the show realizing she was completely wrong about it all.  As a matter of fact she said, "I am going to apply," and then quickly backtracked out of fear.  I am sure this is something that many of us do all the time in all different situations.  I know I definitely have multiple times, being afraid of failure, but also afraid of success.  The book goes through Ali's whole weight loss journey with the show, and the mental obstacles she had to face.  It is a great book to help you find out how to believe in yourself.  I am most definitely still working on that, but the book gives me a glimmer of hope, which keeps growing every time I read things similar.  All in all, give it a read, I think you would enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment