Thursday, July 15, 2010

Getting Out Of My Own Way

Well, guess what everybody?  I managed to avoid working out again.  Sure I have done a few walks and a few work out videos, but I know that's not nearly enough to do what I have to do.  I have been complaining that I don't like the gym I am at because it is too small, etc.  Anyways I have had a membership for LA Fitness from when I was in MN, but haven't been using one since the nearest gym was 20 minutes away. But it also has a pool and just a more comfortable atmosphere for me to be in.  So what I am trying to say, is that I am going to go to the gym I want to go to and get use of the membership.  I don't have a standard job right now so I have no excuses not to!  I just need to get over myself and get on it. 

I did the elliptical today mainly because I think you get the most "calories for your time."  I really would like to incorporate swimming into my cardio routine.  I have always liked it, and I know its a good workout.  I just have to figure out what kind of calories get burned doing it! I am hoping some new surroundings will bring out the fight in me at the gym so I can take over my life.

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to let you know I left you an award on my page! Yup, I picked you as a Versatile Blogger! Stop by and pick it up!

    Take care,
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete