Monday, July 5, 2010

Calories & Books

Julie Hadden (former Biggest Loser contestant), wrote in her book "Fat Chance" to treat your calories as money.  For instance if you are on a 1200 calorie a day allowance, think of it as $1200 for food.  Is that candy bar or treat really worth 3 or $400?  Probably not.  This has helped me on multiple occasions!  I know I have read in multiple places that women are typically set on a 1200 calorie budget and men are at 1600.  This should be a minimum as your body still needs fuel to keep running!  You don't give your car extra fuel...because it won't fit!  Think of your body as a gas tank, if you give it more food than it can handle its going to bulge! 

I have ready many weight loss books by various different people, and I thought I would go over them again to be able to give everyone a pseudo review of them.  Remember I am no professional so it will definitely just be my opinion!  Would love to have everyone's input on their favorite, not so favorite books!

2 comments:

  1. I'm the same way. I've been horrible about getting into shape. Maybe following you will help me behave & get back to where I once was...once upon a time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Now that I am at the computer and not on my phone I can do more with your blog. Keep them coming you are doing great.. We have made small goals for the month. I am really great at either the food thing or the workout thing. I have not learned to put them together yet. so this month is all about food. No fast food. Only going out to dinner 2x during the month. We quit drinking soda. which I am still getting the headache which KILL. I broke the news to Paulie this morning that we will be doing another 5k in the spring. I dont know if you have family here in MN but we have extra rooms at our house if you need a place to stay ever. So excited to about this...
    Kell

    ReplyDelete